A. GENERAL TRAINING
Module 1: Treatment process:
1.1 Patient selection
1.2 Selection of different treatment options based in the wrong occlusion gravity.
1.3 Quality diagnosis records.
1.4 Management of virtual tools of treatment planning (Clincheck, DSDLab, etc.).
1.5 Routine everyday checkup of appointments.Detection, cause and problems solving.
1.6 Completion and maintenance.
Module 2: Orthodontic biomechanics related to the techniques with invisible aligners:
2.1 Approaching for wrong occlusions kind I.
2.2 Approaching for wrong occlusions kind II.
2.3 Approaching for wrong occlusions kind III.
2.4 Management of anterior and posterior bite openings.
2.5 Management of anterior and lateral bites.
2.6 Management of cases with positive bone/tooth discrepancy. Diastemas.
2.7 Management of transversal, unilateral, bilateral, symmetrical and asymmetrical Anomalies.
Module 3: Auxiliary with clear aligners:
3.1 Selection and individualized design attachment.
3.2 Use of elastics and precision cuts.
3.3 Tools for tip and radicular torque.
3.4 Use of mini-screws.
Module 4: Communication with lab technicians and technical development software of virtual treatment plan:
4.1 Smiling design.
4.2 Connect software.
4.3 Smile Design Lab.
4.4 How to get a fluent and effective communication with the technics.
B. PRACTICUM (16 ECTS)
Planning a clinic case to be treated with aligners:
1. Evolution from the orthodontic to aligner techniques.
2. Invisible Aligner vs. Brackets. Advantages and Disadvantages.
3. Orthodontics biomechanics. Differences with traditional techniques.
4. Differences between different systems of aligners available in market. Advantages and disadvantages of each one.
Clinical cases to be treated with aligners :
- Patient selection depending on clinic complexion.
- Planning of different clinic objects.
- Classification of different cases due to their complexity.
5. Learning Curve to get success.
6. Clinical and radiological diagnosis. Aspects to be taken into account.
7. Essential clinic records (photographic, radiographic and scanner).
8. Technical of intraoral photography.
9. Different technics to get an excellent records taking. PVS vs. Scanner Intraoral.
10. Essential clinical instructions which should guide the preparation of a clinical case of aligners.
11. Communication with the technicians who prepare the clinical cases. What is the best way to communicate to avoid mistakes?
12. Common mistakes made by the technical and how to avoid them.
13. Detection of unpredictable movements. How to detect it and make appropriate biomechanical corrections to make predictable.
14. Wrong occlusions with cross-cutting issues. How to develop correctly the arcades?
Sequence of treatment from different wrong occlusions:
1. The three phases of orthodontic treatment: transverse, vertical and sagittal
2. Ideal sequences of movements to solve any clinical case
3. Sequence of movement: Which movements can be performed simultaneously and which ones should performed in an individual way?
4. Clinical aspects to be taken into account in the daily clinical practice so that, the planned movements express in the patient’s mouth.